What is a hesitant person?
The definition of hesitant is someone or something that is tentative, cautious or unsure. An example of someone who would be described as hesitant is a person who slowly agrees to something even though she is not sure she wants to. adjective. Tending to hesitate, wait, or proceed with caution or reservation.
What is hesitation example?
The definition of hesitation is someone pausing because they’re having trouble making a decision or saying something. An example of hesitation is a woman not saying « yes » right away when her boyfriend asks if she’ll marry him. noun. An act of hesitating; suspension of opinion or action; doubt; vacillation.
What is the reason of hesitation?
Fear of making the wrong decision is one of the reasons that many people hesitate when faced with a choice. You may be afraid of failure or even the consequences of success. You may worry what other people will think about you. Perfectionism may be getting in your way.
What part of speech is hesitation?
verb (used without object), hes·i·tat·ed, hes·i·tat·ing. to be reluctant or wait to act because of fear, indecision, or disinclination: She hesitated to take the job.
Is hesitant positive or negative?
10 autres lignes
What is a fancy word for shy?
Some common synonyms of shy are bashful, coy, diffident, and modest. While all these words mean « not inclined to be forward, » shy implies a timid reserve and a shrinking from familiarity or contact with others.
How do you use hesitation?
Hesitation sentence example
- This time there was no hesitation , no rush. …
- There was a touch of hesitation in his voice. …
- After a brief hesitation , he spoke. …
- After a slight hesitation the door burst open with a cracking blow. …
- After a slight hesitation , she leaned forward and gripped his shoulders.
Do not hesitate sentences?
If you wish to discuss this matter further please do not hesitate to contact me.
- Please do not hesitate to call us.
- Please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Please don’t hesitate to call me.
- I hesitate to marry her.
- He seemed to hesitate a second.
How hesitation can be removed?
Hesitation elimination through practice We hesitate to perform on a stage if we haven’t participated in many dramas or plays before. The same with English speaking. The fear will be all gone when you have already spoken in English many times. Yes, the only long term solution is to practice speaking in English.
How can I reduce my hesitation?
HOW TO OVERCOME HESITATION
- Understand what is your hesitation.
- Address your fear.
- Train your self to think, then act.
- Give your self a time limit.
- Make a decision.
- Force your self to do new things.
- Have a confidence and faith in your self.
What is the meaning of hesitation?
- Definition of hesitation. 1 : an act or instance of hesitating. 2 : a pausing or faltering in speech.
What does hesitancy mean?
- HESITANCY (noun) The noun HESITANCY has 2 senses: 1. a feeling of diffidence and indecision about doing something. 2. a certain degree of unwillingness. Familiarity information: HESITANCY used as a noun is rare.
What is another word for hesitation?
- hesitation, vacillation, wavering(noun) indecision in speech or action. Synonyms: disinclination, falter, reluctance, fluctuation, wavering, indisposition, swinging, swing, faltering, vacillation, waver, hesitancy.
Is a hesitation a verb?
- What’s the verb for hesitation? Here’s the word you’re looking for. (intransitive) To stop or pause respecting decision or action; to be in suspense or uncertainty as to a determination. (intransitive) To stammer; to falter in speaking. (transitive, poetic, rare) To utter with hesitation or to intimate by a reluctant manner.