What is a wanderlust person?
uncountable noun. Someone who has wanderlust has a strong desire to travel. His wanderlust would not allow him to stay long in one spot. Synonyms: restlessness, itchy feet [informal], urge to travel, unsettledness More Synonyms of wanderlust.
What does wanderlust girl mean?
strong desire to travel
Wanderlust is a very strong desire to travel. An example of wanderlust is someone who, just after returning home from a two month trip, immediately starts planning their next one.
Is wanderlust a mood?
n. a strong desire for or impulse to wander or travel and explore the world.
What is another word for wanderlust?
Wanderlust Synonyms – WordHippo Thesaurus….What is another word for wanderlust?
|desire to travel||urge to travel|
1 autre ligne
What is a travel lover called?
Hodophile – the very word for travel lovers. A Hodophile is “One who loves to travel.”
How do you use the word wanderlust?
Wanderlust in a Sentence 🔉
- Even though I had sprained my ankle, I could not resist my wanderlust and used crutches to walk to the beach with my friends.
- Jack quit his job and left town to pursue his wanderlust and meet new people around the globe.
Why do I feel wanderlust?
Sometimes we experience wanderlust because we want to get away from the familiar, and travel represents the best way to do it. If you’re feeling the urge to pack up your life and run to somewhere else, there are good scientific reasons for that sensation, from a need for novelty to a potential genetic « push ».
What is a travel addict called?
They have what specialists call ‘an abnormal impulse to travel’ also known as Dromomania. … Studies have shown that people who spend their money on experiences, such as travel tend to be happier in their life.
What Epicure means?
Definition of epicure 1 : one with sensitive and discriminating tastes especially in food or wine. 2 archaic : one devoted to sensual pleasure : sybarite.
What is a Gallivanter?
The definition of a gallivanter is a person who goes off or travels around in search of amusement, fun or adventure. A person who leaves his job and travels around Europe in search of fun and adventure is an example of a gallivanter. noun.
Is Wanderlust a real word?
- So here I am writing to tell you that the word wanderlust has been so underrated in the way it is used. Wanderlust is a real infatuation-an obsession, at that. The literal definition of wanderlust is « the irresistible, incurable desire to travel or wander. ».
What does the word Wanderlust mean?
- wan·der·lust. noun. Wanderlust is a very strong desire to travel. An example of wanderlust is someone who, just after returning home from a two month trip, immediately starts planning their next one.
How would you use the word 'Wanderlust' in a sentence?
- This phenomenon,sometimes called wanderlust,may explain why people spend so much time and money on trips to interesting places.
- In July wanderlust takes over the whole nation.
- His wanderlust would not allow him to stay long in one spot.
- They’ve never succeeded: sickness,hunger,wanderlust,something drives them on.
What does Wanderlust mean in German?
- Wanderlust Has German Roots. The etymology of wanderlust is a very simple one that you can probably figure out yourself. « Wanderlust » is lust (or « desire ») for wandering. The word comes from German, in which wandern means « to wander, » and Lust means « desire. ».