What were the Oscar winning movies in 2008?
- No Country for Old Men. Scott Rudin, Ethan Coen and Joel Coen, Producers.
- Atonement. Tim Bevan, Eric Fellner and Paul Webster, Producers.
- Juno. Lianne Halfon, Mason Novick and Russell Smith, Producers.
- Michael Clayton. Sydney Pollack, Jennifer Fox and Kerry Orent, Producers.
- There Will Be Blood.
Who hosted 80th Oscars?
Jon Stewart After a tepidly received turn hosting in 2006, Stewart made the most of his second chance in 2008, giving a confident performance presenting the 80th Academy Awards.
Did Slumdog Millionaire win Best Picture?
Slumdog Millionaire, British dramatic film, released in 2008 and directed by Danny Boyle, that won eight Academy Awards, including those for best picture and best director, as well as several BAFTA awards and Golden Globe Awards, including those for best film and best director.
Who won 8 Academy Awards in 2008?
No Country for Old Men There
No Country for Old Men and There Will Be Blood tied for the most nominations with eight each. The winners were announced during the award ceremony of Febru….Films with multiple nominations and awards.
|8||No Country for Old Men|
|There Will Be Blood|
17 autres lignes
Who was the biggest star in 2008?
Highest Grossing Stars of 2008 at the Domestic Box Office
90 autres lignes
How many times did Johnny Carson host the Oscars?
Johnny Carson was third with five hosting appearances, followed by Whoopi Goldberg and Jack Lemmon with four apiece. MacFarlane’s hosting gig in 2013 was also the last time the host was also nominated for a category. He was nominated for Best Original Song for Ted.
Who is hosting 2021 Oscars?
The 2021 Academy Awards are set to air Sunday, April 25 at 8 p.m. ET. The show will air on ABC live from Los Angeles at Union Station and for the third straight year there will be no formal host. There hasn’t been a host since actor Kevin Hart stepped down as the planned host of the 2019 Oscars.
Why did Slumdog get an Oscar?
Pookutty bagged the Academy Award for Best Sound Mixing in 2009 for his work in ‘Slumdog Millionaire’, while Rahman won the Best Original Score and Best Original Song. … Oscar-winning composer A.R. Rahman recently spoke about a “gang” that was preventing him from getting work in Bollywood.
Who got 2 Oscars for Slumdog Millionaire?
AR Rahman created history in 2009 by becoming the first ever Indian to win two Academy Awards.
Which film won most Oscars in 2009?
|81st Academy Awards|
|Best Picture||Slumdog Millionaire|
|Most awards||Slumdog Millionaire (8)|
|Most nominations||The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (13)|
|TV in the United States|
12 autres lignes
When were the Oscar nominations announced for 2008?
- The nominations were announced on January 22, 2008, at the Samuel Goldwyn Theater in Beverly Hills, California by Sid Ganis, president of the Academy, and actress Kathy Bates. No Country for Old Men and There Will Be Blood tied for the most nominations with eight each. The winners were announced during the award ceremony of February 24, 2008.
What happened at the 80th Academy Awards?
- 80th Academy Awards. The 80th Academy Awards ceremony, presented by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (AMPAS), honored the best films of 2007 and took place on February 24, 2008, at the Kodak Theatre in Hollywood, Los Angeles beginning at 5:30 p.m.
Who is the oldest person to win an Oscar?
- At age 82, Best Supporting Actor nominee Hal Holbrook was at the time, the oldest male acting nominee in Oscar history until Christopher Plummer was nominated for All the Money in the World in the 90th Academy Awards. Robert F. Boyle became the oldest recipient of the Academy Honorary award at the age of 98.
Is the Oscar® logo copyrighted?
- Note: Oscar® and Academy Awards® and Oscar® design mark are the trademarks and service marks and the Oscar© statuette the copyrighted property, of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. This site is neither endorsed by nor affiliated with the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.